Korevibes.com makes use of pop ads which might be annoying to users. Kindly close any unwanted tab that pops up.
Nigeria’s Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has said the Federal Government has ordered an investigation into the invasion of the Federal High Court in Abuja, by the operatives of Department State Service (DSS) last Friday.
DSS operatives invaded the court on Friday in a bid to rearrest Omoyele Sowore, the convener of #RevolutionNow Movement.
Sowore was eventually rearrested less than 24 hours, after he was released from a 124-day detention.
During his visit to John Tsoho, Chief Judge of the Federal High Court on Wednesday, Malami announced that the investigation of the action of DSS was ongoing.
“Whatever affects the integrity of the court is a worrisome issue for us… I can never be preemptive of an incident over which I was not a live witness to.
“But one thing I am certain of is that the government has put in place mechanism for investigation of the reported incident.
“So, I would not like to be preemptive in terms of a conclusion, one way or the other, without allowing the consummation and conclusion of the investigation process,” Malami said.
Asked to comment about the rearrest of Sowore who had been granted bail by two courts, Malami added: “It is about tradition and not a coincidence but then the truth of the matter is, I’m not here about Sowore’s case. I’m here to visit his lordship to congratulate him over his appointment but one thing about the judicial process, I think it is not the only case that the federal government is involved.
“As you rightly know, we have multiple cases and more serious cases than that of Sowore pending before the court generally, so the case of Sowore is certainly not an exception, so I cannot be here for an exclusive case.”